Saturday, September 10, 2011

Mission Statement

My Mission Statement: Make kids feel like adults, and adults feel like kids.
According to Marketing: An introduction, "The aim of marketing is to affect how customers think about and behave toward the organization and its market offerings. But to affect the whats, whens, and hows of buying behavior, marketers must first understand the whys." The point of my mission statement is to expand on the feelings of our consumers. Creamy Dreamy is supposed to represent a new type of Ice Cream truck, or Ice Cream man, by awakening the thoughts and feelings of our consumers to their childhood state. Kids will want us because we offer the Ice Cream truck experience. What is that experience? It's the feeling a kid gets when they hear the familiar jingle, and are excited for the opportunity to buy their own ice cream.
Let us walk into the mind of a kid for a moment:
  • "I've saved up my allowance all week, I finally get the chance to spend it on what I want. I want Ice Cream."
  • "Mom, can I have a dollar for the Ice Cream man?"
These and other types of scenarios lead up to the same thing. Kids want to buy their own ice cream. Why? It's because when they pay for something themselves they're taking that first step into adult hood, they want to feel and be treated like an adult, a real customer.  At Creamy Dreamy we want them to not only feel like adults, but we want to treat them like adults.
As for the adults we want them to stop thinking like adults. We want them to remember those days out in the park, or waiting outside their cozy little neighborhoods and remember what it felt like to be a kid. We don't want them to think, "I can just buy a box from the store, it's cheaper," or "I shouldn't, way too much sugar and carbs." We want our adult consumers to be able to say, "That brings me back," or "Why not, it's been too long." All the while still have their best interests with our sugar free products and portion sizes.

No comments:

Post a Comment